old Royal isolator, anyone familiar?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
come across an old royal isolator at the origin of an installation. ive seen these before (in rewirable fuse version) but this was slightly different, it was silver coloured(rated 300A) and the door opened from left to right. It was dated 1974 and contained bs88 fuses (its 3 phase by the way). The neutral was a link, not switched. the handle is at the bottom on the right side of the isolator and pulls up for closed, down for open (its not lockable by the way :eek: )

had no details at all, anyone know the likelly bs number, probably bs5419? got to use this as a point of isolation and also need the bs number for certs.

Sponsored Links
There are a few silver royal isolators in a mill we do some work in, which sound very similar to yours. Not sure of the BS number, but I can have a look next time I'm there.

I would guess at BS5419, but can't be sure.

cheers RF, if you happen to be working on one one day then yeah have a look for the bs number if you wouldnt mind. old horrible things arent they! :evil:

ta,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back