Had a custom distribution board built

That bears about as much resemblance to the first one as a Bentley Continental does to a Trabant....

I take it that the access cover for the main switch compartment needs a key or a tool?

And the fuse compartments - will there be covers over the sections to the left of the dividers, or do the doors only expose the sections on the RHS?

Anyway - it looks a lot better. Mind you - a cardboard box with wirenuts would look better :LOL:

Did you get the money back from the first shower?

And nothing to do with this, but it made me think - why aren't fuses for 3-phase circuits in mechanically linked groups of 3? Wouldn't that be a lot handier if you needed to remove the fuses to isolate a circuit?

Sponsored Links
This type of arrangement is quite common in industry where you have to remove all 3 fuses separately. Some fused isolators do have a carriage where you can remove all 3 together.

That bears about as much resemblance to the first one as a Bentley Continental does to a Trabant....

I take it that the access cover for the main switch compartment needs a key or a tool?

And the fuse compartments - will there be covers over the sections to the left of the dividers, or do the doors only expose the sections on the RHS?

Anyway - it looks a lot better. Mind you - a cardboard box with wirenuts would look better :LOL:

Did you get the money back from the first shower?

And nothing to do with this, but it made me think - why aren't fuses for 3-phase circuits in mechanically linked groups of 3? Wouldn't that be a lot handier if you needed to remove the fuses to isolate a circuit?

Access cover to the bottom three comportments is via six pozi screws in each of the three covers.
The doors only give access to the BS88 fuse compartments. The left had divided compartment is a cover secured with another six pozi screws.

No money was ever paid for the first panel. It was ordered from a company through a wholesaler. It helped when the wholesaler said they would take up the problem and wouldn't be requesting money for it from us.

Sponsored Links
Mounted the thing today!

03072008273.jpg

03072008277.jpg

03072008280.jpg

03072008285.jpg

You get a better sense of the size of that thing from those pictures! Very nice.

It is scarey how someone can have so little pride in their work as to turn out that original panel.

With electrics you need to be neat and tidy and this should be instilled in an apprentice from day one.

Those holes in the earth and neutral bars..I mean how hard is it to drill them in a straight line :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back