Old Worcester danesmoor 15/19 oil burner help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
03376A7A-7653-4E91-A042-4FC708A0ABD5.jpeg
03376A7A-7653-4E91-A042-4FC708A0ABD5.jpeg Hi everyone,
Sorry for the burst in new post but I need help.
I’ve just moved to wales a couple of days ago from an area where I had a lovely Worcester Bosch gas combi boiler to an old property with an old Worcester danesmoor 15/19 oil burner. We’ve been trying for days to get it to work. I know it does work because it had a service recently but I’ve done all my common sense allows and still nothing. Can’t get it to fire up or anything, I’ve put switches on in the cupboard that has the tank but not got a clue about this boiler in the garage any help would be gratefully received

Sponsored Links
To be honest it could be a multitude of things wrong that can cause it to trip up.
Most common of ALL oil boiler faults is a poor supply of CLEAN (no dirt no water in it) to the boiler itself.
But as it's old there many be an electrical continuity problem. If light keeps coming on the burner (lock out), the problem points to the burner but oil check needed first.
Get a decent engineer who likes you and you like him. Saves all the grief during cold winter months.

1 make sure you have oil 2 make sure it's reaching the burner 3 make sure you have electricity reaching the boiler 4 make sure all controls are calling for heat 5 check the reset button isn't lit if it is press it see what happens 6 if it doesn't do anything call an oil engineer.

Thanks for your reply Mike. We have made a little progress. The sockets that the boiler was plugged into were dead so we used other sockets and boiler fired up. The mains light is on the lock out is off. Some pipes are hot leading to the tank and others are cold. Some Radiators are starting to warm up after bleeding but still no hot water. We’ve opened everything that could possibly be opened so will have to look again tomorrow, it’s totally exhausting

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply Mike. We have made a little progress. The sockets that the boiler was plugged into were dead so we used other sockets and boiler fired up. The mains light is on the lock out is off. Some pipes are hot leading to the tank and others are cold. Some Radiators are starting to warm up after bleeding but still no hot water. We’ve opened everything that could possibly be opened so will have to look again tomorrow, it’s totally exhausting
Your radiators are probably thermo syponing into the system because the pump isn't going. Do you have any zone valves or three port valve?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back