Older MK breakers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can find the older MK style circuit breaker with the switches at the same height as the RCBO's and switch disconnectors?

Sponsored Links
Is it this sort of MCB you want, or is it the older style?

Consumer%202.jpg

That's exactly the kind of MCB.

Know of the whereabouts of any or why MK decided to start manufacturing them with the switches offset to every other device?

why do you care about the switches being offset?

Sponsored Links
You will be able to get Merlin Gerin MCB's if you look around.

Don't expect them to be cheap, but they are the same as the older MK mcb's, before MK went down hill.

MK have never manufactured Consumer Units. They simply re-brand.

The original ones where Merlin Gerin breakers. You can also use a Square D one if you carefully remove the plug in part from the base of the MCB.

MK are using a very cheap manufacturer for their boards, and I have a big dislike to them - they are one of the crapest on the market in my opinion.

Are you after one to complete a job? What size?

Lectrician said:
MK have never manufactured Consumer Units. They simply re-brand......MK are using a very cheap manufacturer for their boards, and I have a big dislike to them - they are one of the crapest on the market in my opinion.

Whose are they?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back