Oldest (operational) appliance?

Got a flat with a Potterton Netaheat in it. There's a date on it, 1982 I think.
I have a full set of spares, afaik.
I'm sure there will be many old Glow Worms, Ideal S and whatnot. Back boilers?

Sponsored Links
We have a portable record player that is older than me (56+).

And the double oven is 28 years old.

Sponsored Links
Singer sewing machines started in 1851, I bet there are Victorian ones in use.

I went to the Junkers museum they had a boiler that come out of a house workng after 80 years..

We still have a 1970 special edition rolling pin that still rolls.

But only one way

Just a bit of fun given the seriousness of many threads on here. What is the oldest operational appliance within your home (or garage/outhouse), how old is it and what's the make/model? I'm only referring to the following, so limit your answer to one of these:

You forgot to sign into your NathanBB account by accident. ;)

My Mum still has a working AEG Lavalux twin tub from the mid 60s. It was bought new to wash my terry nappies.

Can I start a category for the owner of an appliance or electrical item that has been in CONSTANT use the longest. I'll throw in my Sony Digicube clock radio that has been plugged in, telling the time and waking me up since 1981.

We still have a 1970 special edition rolling pin that still rolls.

But only one way

I still have original carpet from the 1960's, from the front bedroom, but now serves duty on the garden hut floor. The outdoor brush dates back to the 1940's - It's had several new handles, and heads.

I still have original carpet from the 1960's, from the front bedroom, but now serves duty on the garden hut floor. The outdoor brush dates back to the 1940's - It's had several new handles, and heads.
If your yard brush has had 'several new handles and heads' which part dates to the 1940s?:unsure:

Sponsored Links
Back