Omnicron 8000 - 24hr light on - why?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After help from the forum I located my engineers code and then was able to replace a PIR.
However, I can get no further as the 24 hr light on the panel is lit, it goes out when I press reset but then the internal sounder goes off.
The light was on before I changed the PIR so its nothing to do with that.
But I can't arm the system so some more help is needed please!

Sponsored Links
Don't know if it helps but the 24hr turns off when the Event replay button is pressed but comes back when Reset is pressed.
Can't enter the Engineers code now, nothing happens no matter what is pressed.

You need to check the 24hr cct then.
Open panel ( as you have engineers code) and loop it out ( mains is present isolate before removing cover or be very very careful). Close lid and see if it clears.

So just take the front off and put it back on again?

Currently can't enter or do anything.

Sponsored Links
No I said loop out the 24 hr circuit.

If its locked out a reboot might help as well as the 24 hr circuit looped out.

Thanks again but unfortunately this doesn't mean a thing to me. Any chance of a step by step idiots guide?

Turn off mains, open panel. Take out the wires to the 24hr circuit, thats the one marked 24hr, put in a link of wire , Take off the battery.
The outside should ring, put back battery put back lid turn on electricity put in code press reset (0) and see what happens.

Might be better in the morning now.

Just got back to it. Looped out the 24 hr circuit but 24 hr light still lit.

Is every 24 hr linked out?

The PA button also triggers this, is there one fitted, is it reset. Or the link in.
If not the its going to new a new panel time.

I have since turned the power off again to change the battery, the 24 hr is looped out but not the PA. Since changing the battery and turning power back on the 24 hr light is off and it seems I can arm the system.
Is it Ok to run with the 24 hr permanently looped out ( obviously I would have no tamper protection )?

You put a new battery in?
Was there anything to suggest it needed changing that you did not mention?

Take the tamper loop out and refit the tamer loop and see what happens.

Battery was outputting 6v so i presumed it was old and so replaced it. So take the loop out then put it back?

Righty ho, leave out that bit of information why dont you.

Sorry I left my crystal ball somewhere.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back