One for the Baxi engineers?

Rob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Called out to the combi 80he (plus?) GC 47 075 16

Anyway owner is getting the ingnition fault occurring sometimes 3 or 4 times a day, never when im there, and struggling to pin point the fault.

On the first visit about a week ago i simply disconnected the condense/ignition lead and isolated. However fault still remains

Dynamic working pressure at the boiler of 17.8 mbar. (yes i know)

Am more thinking faulty guvnor as its usually most mornings. But as i said it could be any time of day though.

anyone got any suggestions..ive visually checked electrode, case seals..

thanks..rob.

Sponsored Links
I assume this is a hybrid boiler?

If so have you checked the gas valve max/min settings, particularly the min ???

Also the positioning of the flame detect can be a little critical.

Tony

Haven't a clue would probably take me a couple of hours in front of it monitoring everything until it does it for me.

Last boiler like that where unfortunately another customer for whome I had done a similar painstaking yet unfruitful job (in terms of all the free labour expended) which just makes sure you get all of those jobs for their mates, recommended me.

Like the other one everyone had been out to it, but still the poor old dear was having to get the loft ladder down 3 times a week to go up and reset the boiler (think about that when puting boilers in lofts). <Would a remote reset button be AR because you should really be infront of the boiler when pressing it shouldn't you??>

Anyway first it definately needed limit stat, but the next fault causing lock out was much harder to trace, think it was a genus one of the g's anyway, turned out ot be ignition pressure set too low, took me 2 hours of monitoring and loads of head scratching every activity to get it right. also we don't always try the obvious first.

What if you remotely mounted any diagnostic indicators and a pre4ssure guage with a remote reset?

OK I'm mad.

Sponsored Links
I routinely put pressure gauges, if not filling loops as well, in places like cloakrooms if the boiler's hard to reach.

Ignition pressures are important and gas valves often aren't too consistent at very low settings. Tap them with a screwdriver handle and it changes. Anything below a couple of mbar seems to be inviting trubble.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back