One third of Britons admit being racially prejudiced

R

RogueHanger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27599401

This report debunks the claim that if we ignore abuse it will go away.
Also, the report only deals with those that admit to being racially prejudiced.
There are many on this forum who deny being prejudiced. :rolleyes:

Additionally:
Education had an impact with 19% of those with a degree and 38% of those with no qualifications reporting racial prejudice.
fron the report.

Sponsored Links
Indians is racist, they are Americans or Africans.

Men in drag is racist, they're Scots

Tie me Kangaroo down sport is Racist to the Aborigines. And animal cruelty :LOL:

Any religion is racist.

I have dozens of Frogs running around the garden at the moment, If I was in france they'd be food, is that racist or truth.

The problem with you pathetic morons and do gooders is you promote racial hated with your looney ideas

When I first saw this thread, as it opened, I thought, "Ah, we have that much vaunted thread complete with nothing but 'This post is hidden' entries."

Then two sane people went and added comments!

Sponsored Links
Went in the bakers earlier, the racist pig ask if I wanted brown or White.

Black and White minstrels, one of the best shows ever. Yep you guest it Racist Flunkeys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27599401

This report debunks the claim that if we ignore abuse it will go away.
Also, the report only deals with those that admit to being racially prejudiced.
There are many on this forum who deny being prejudiced. :rolleyes:

Additionally:
Education had an impact with 19% of those with a degree and 38% of those with no qualifications reporting racial prejudice.
fron the report.
Based on only 2000 people and reported by BBC, like asking Alabama newspaper if they think racism still exists.

I have not yet voted. Ever. General contempt for politicians is putting it mildly.
I am not pro UKIP, but was suspicious when this article came out so soon after the recent results for UKIP. The BBC ran a clip titled "why I voted ukip" on their website the day the results came in. It was a fairly rough round the edges chap rambling on about "them" coming over here, taking our jobs etc etc. The guy could barely string a sentence together. It seemed so obvious that BBC was seeking to polarize the issue into 'Racists V's mainstream' as if there is nothing possibly wrong with Cons', Labour or Libs action's in recent years. That the next bit of narrative we get is that We (sig. more of us than we think) we are racist only serves, I think, to rally a backlash against ukip by drawing people to vote against a sea of racism.
I think 'research's is funded to say whatever paymaster's want it to say.

People say Hoover unthinkingly when they mean vacume cleaner. They also say, referring to unamed research bodies, "They reckon [insert factoid]......" as if it will do to inform another. The problem is a sig proportion of people will take headlines as gospel and not get near understanding nor thinking about research methodology, or outright propaganda for that matter.

Whenever I am told anything by the Media I always have to wonder who wants me to think this, and why.

Just my 2p. Which means I am spent. Not debating thanks, just getting it out.

When I see "Hoover" I automatically think "Hoover Dam".

I think there's a big difference between racism and realising we live on a small island and there's so many social problems already (housing, employment, health, crime etc). Why do we need so many foreigners who contribute nothing to our society ? I think most would agree certain people help to enrich this country, but these are in the minority. Trouble is the do-gooders would say i'm a racist for having these views. NOA.

When I worked abroad especially in arabic countries I did my best to conform to their customs, communicate in their language etc,
When in Rome do as the Romans do.
Why don't 'they' give us the same consideration. This country has gone too far pandering to non english speaking incomers, regardless of skin colour.
I don't consider myself racist, just ****ed off.

Like it or not, we all have prejudices. Doesn't have to be race whatsoever. We can (and do) have prejudices against almost anything. Class prejudice, is probably more common than racial. Religious prejudice possibly tops the pile of all prejudices. Prejudices are something we all have. After all, we're only human.

I am not pro UKIP, but was suspicious when this article came out so soon after the recent results for UKIP. The BBC ran a clip titled "why I voted ukip" on their website the day the results came in. It was a fairly rough round the edges chap rambling on about "them" coming over here, taking our jobs etc etc. The guy could barely string a sentence together. It seemed so obvious that BBC was seeking to polarize the issue into 'Racists V's mainstream' as if there is nothing possibly wrong with Cons', Labour or Libs action's in recent years. That the next bit of narrative we get is that We (sig. more of us than we think) we are racist only serves, I think, to rally a backlash against ukip by drawing people to vote against a sea of racism.
I think 'research's is funded to say whatever paymaster's want it to say.

Predictable. Our national broadcasting organisation is heavily Leftie-Liberal (although one might expect a national organisation to be apolitical). They're not alone, of course. Look at all the dirty tricks that have been played since UKIP began to become more popular.

I think there's a big difference between racism and realising we live on a small island and there's so many social problems already (housing, employment, health, crime etc). Why do we need so many foreigners who contribute nothing to our society ? I think most would agree certain people help to enrich this country, but these are in the minority. Trouble is the do-gooders would say i'm a racist for having these views. NOA.

A shame that we can't behave like Australia or America and admit only those who we want and who will benefit the country.

Of course, Australia and America aren't in the EU.

When I worked abroad especially in arabic countries I did my best to conform to their customs, communicate in their language etc.

Me too. When my first wife and I were in Saudi Arabia, she was obliged to cover her head, legs and forearms (although, thankfully, not her face - they did at least make that concession).

No churches either (although we are both atheists, so it didn't affect us). My wife was in a choir there, though, and before they were allowed to put on a performance the programme had to be vetted by the religious police to ensure there was no Christian music. Trouble was, there weren't entirely au fait of what Christian music is!

And then, of couse, no alcohol. It's OK for their royal family to drink, though, because they travel to London to do it. I have, however, witnessed at least one prince who was admitted to our hospital with 'substance poisoning' (= hangover).

Different here, of course. We even go so far as to accepting (with the support of our supermarkets) an insistence that we eat halal meat.

Sponsored Links
Back