Only in this country....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Your post is a classic case of misinformation.

You have no idea exactly what charges were brought, but the man received a 4 month sentence, whereas each woman received 12 months - not exactly "scot free". And they'll be forever monitored, watched and reviewed by social services.

Gasguru said:
Softus said:
And they'll be forever monitored, watched and reviewed by social services.
Yeah like that will make any difference. :rolleyes:
Do I take it that you don't have faith in the social services?

If you don't, then do you do anything about it, other than whinge?

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
Your post is a classic case of misinformation.

You have no idea exactly what charges were brought, but the man received a 4 month sentence, whereas each woman received 12 months - not exactly "scot free". And they'll be forever monitored, watched and reviewed by social services.

The woman's sentences were suspened, they won't be locked away for four months like the man who arranged the dog fights.

And I notice the woman were banned from working with children, not banned from ever being in the care of their own children which clearly they're not up to.

Tim 77 said:
The woman's sentences were suspened, they won't be locked away for four months like the man who arranged the dog fights.
Do you know why the sentences were suspended? Could it be because, as if often the case, the court decided that it was better that the children were not without their mother for a year (or six months, or whatever)?

And I notice the woman were banned from working with children, not banned from ever being in the care of their own children which clearly they're not up to.
Ah, so this topic is all about your personal prejudice. Did your mother mistreat you perhaps?

It'd be better if the children were never near the mother again if that's how she treated them.

No personal prejudice here, I just don't think that people who force their childen to fight and film it for kicks are fit to be parents, do you Softus?

If you believe that we can glean all the facts of the case from a newspaper report, then you're naive.

If the capability to be a mother can be measured from this incident, then they aren't capable.

If no human act be a foundation for learning a lesson in becoming a better human being, then they cannot be rehabilited.

Would you have the mothers sterilised too?

If your reasoning is so watertight, then its logical progression is to say that every driver who breaks the speed limit on the road should have their licence taken away for good.

Softus said:
If you believe that we can glean all the facts of the case from a newspaper report, then you're naive.

If the capability to be a mother can be measured from this incident, then they aren't capable.

I'm glad we agree on one thing (see above).

Maybe I am naive, I read the Daily Mail and get a little hot headed putting the world to rights sometimes.

I guess it's because I'm a father of a small boy that this case hits home, lets face it, nobody likes the abuse of children in any form.

you know, for what it is worth.....the fight was discovered by accident while looking for photos.....
since the older woman admitted she saw nothing wrong with it, as that was how she was raised...it made a good topic for conversation and debate....not much else. It wont prevent them from doing it again....they'll just be more careful about not getting caught ...
As here....or anywhere.....some folks should not be parents ...period. Maturity and responsibility doesnt always automatically happen as you get older....you either "get" the object of respect and self respect...or you dont.

:confused: :confused:

Tim 77 said:
Softus said:
I'm glad we agree on one thing (see above).
I think you're stretching the meaning of the word "agree" here.

Maybe I am naive, I read the Daily Mail and get a little hot headed putting the world to rights sometimes.

I guess it's because I'm a father of a small boy that this case hits home, lets face it, nobody likes the abuse of children in any form.
I'm with you on that one. I once threatened to kill (literally) the driver of a car that nearly piled into the side of mine at the area where my 1 year-old stepson was sitting at the time.

However, in calmer moments, it's worth remembering that newspapers don't report the truth, but merely write words that sell newspapers. If getting people angry is what makes them buy copy, then that's what journalists will do. It's also worth remembering that our justice system is generally viewed as quite a good one, the mark of a good one (IMHO) being that it can be openly challenged and that wrongs can be put right.

mlb3c - I agree with most of your points, but how can you be certain that "It wont prevent them from doing it again....they'll just be more careful about not getting caught ... "?

Softus said:
Tim 77 said:
However, in calmer moments, it's worth remembering that newspapers don't report the truth, but merely write words that sell newspapers. If getting people angry is what makes them buy copy, then that's what journalists will do.

Right, my Brother's a journalist so I'm off round his to give him a piece of my mind! ;)

I guess I should've looked at the facts more before mouthing off, it's the father in me (No jokes please) that does it in cases like this :D

Tim 77 said:
Right, my Brother's a journalist so I'm off round his to give him a piece of my mind! ;)
Well give him a piece of mine too then please, because our opinions don't diverge very much.

And if you pass any estate agents on the way, and notice that they're on fire, please empty your bladder somewhere a long way away from them.

Sponsored Links
Back