Only in this country....

I'm with you on that one. I once threatened to kill (literally) the driver of a car that nearly piled into the side of mine at the area where my 1 year-old stepson was sitting at the time

you did one better than me, i broke some guys jaw who knocked me off my bike once as he pratically just stopped whilst turning across the road.

crappy thing to do like but loads of stuff flashed through my head very quickly.

Agree with Softus about the newspapers which is why i never buy em, the only people who knows what has happened are the people involved the newspapers will always exsilerate the truth to make reading more "eye catching"

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
And if you pass any estate agents on the way, and notice that they're on fire, please empty your bladder somewhere a long way away from them.

What have you got if an estate agents up to his neck in manure?

Thermo said:
Softus said:
And if you pass any estate agents on the way, and notice that they're on fire, please empty your bladder somewhere a long way away from them.

Maybe one who not only talks s''t but also smells like s''t. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thermo said:
Ai doan't know - what 'ave you got if an estate agent's up to his neck in ****?

thumb3d.gif

In their defence, the estate agent I'm dealing with is being pretty good at the moment.

My solicitor however, is going to get a bloomin' good kick up the rear end tomorrow. They have drawn down my mortgage meaning I have been sent a letter telling me to pay the interest for the rest of this month. I have also been given a date for my first mortgage payment in 2 weeks (we haven't even seen a contract yet, let alone signed it or moved closer to completing the purchase).

Why should I start paying my mortgage when we haven't even exchanged contracts?
More importantly, why should my solicitor be accruing interest on my money in their account when I'm having to pay for it?

Cheek bar stewards :evil:

BoxBasher said:
My solicitor however, is going to get a bloomin' good kick up the rear end tomorrow. They have drawn down my mortgage meaning I have been sent a letter telling me to pay the interest for the rest of this month. I have also been given a date for my first mortgage payment in 2 weeks (we haven't even seen a contract yet, let alone signed it or moved closer to completing the purchase).
Er, this is the kind of thing that happens when solicitors abscond to Barbados with your money. If it were me I'd get straight down to their office at 9am, in person. :eek:

Why should I start paying my mortgage when we haven't even exchanged contracts?
You shouldn't, and your mortgage company will be very interested to hear that you don't have title to the property yet. It sounds to me like the solicitor has acted fraudulently, because such a mistake, if genuine, would be incomprehensibly incompetent.

More importantly, why should my solicitor be accruing interest on my money in their account when I'm having to pay for it?
Clearly it's so that they can have a never ending supply of coconuts and margarita.

Its actually a very large and well established firm...

Shame that they are totally sh*t...

Only takes 6 days for a callback, and they'll send stuff out to sign with amendments on in pencil...

I know we're well away from the original topic but:

Just spoke to Mortage company and the solicitors had returned the money next day after they drew it down (probably after I refused to sign stuff amended in pencil)

I'm not liable for any interest or mortgage payments yet, the letter was auto-generated and must have crossed in post.

Thanks for the link Softus, it may come in very handy if they don't buck up. ;)

I have heard that they do this sort of thing on gypsie sites to bring there kids up tough.All kids need to be able to take knocks.But at two,it is too young.I remember when I was young,a older kid use to chase me home.

One day my father had enough,He told me to stop,turn around and confront my bully.I was scared.My father told me to go in hard which I did.
I had a bloody nose.The bully lost his front teeth.Afterwards we shook hands and remained good friends.

Glad to hear you remained friendly with your dad ;)

Sponsored Links
Back