onlyrecommended.com

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone had any experience with these guys? ive jsut received a letter about them, and signed up, thought it looks ok, time will tell...

Sponsored Links
They appeared OK, just one question:
How are they advertising their services to Joe Public?
Until your post I had never heard of them and they only really appeared on a Google search whern I was using their name.

Until your post I had never heard of them and they only really appeared on a Google search whern I was using their name.

according their letter it states that they are going to be goin gpublic by running a "high-profile advertising and marketing campaigns in all the local papers"

i did register so heres hoping!

Sponsored Links
whats it cost you?
Quote: http://www.onlyrecommended.com/info/howwework.aspx

How does it work?

Potential customers go online to our website at www.onlyrecommended.com and carry out a search using their postcode for the trade they require. They enter information on the type of work they want done and are only allowed to select up to 3 tradesmen to submit the job details too. An SMS text and Email alert is sent to the tradesmen chosen who will need to log on to their account to access the details of the lead. The tradesman has 48 hours to accept the lead upon which a fee £10.00 is charged to obtain the customer's contact details.

according their letter it states that they are going to be goin gpublic by running a "high-profile advertising and marketing campaigns in all the local papers"

i did register so heres hoping!

heard that one before. it will take a hell of a lot of marketing to raise a profile sufficently to do that. hope its only as gcol said and you havnt had to pay money up front

no its just the market is flooded with recomendation advertising schemes that normally cost an arm and a leg and never prove popular

I'm on the list at 'heating quotes'. No sign up fee and only £3.25 per accepted lead.

I'm way in profit from it at present, you just have to assess the job as best you can before you accept the lead.

iv enot had to pay any money u front, thankfully, hopefully it is going to be a good source of revenue, and the £10 a lead is nothing really compared to the jobs they claim i will get.

one bit that did make me laugh, (obviously good for other trades) is the "emergency callout" i was just imagining some one calling me at 2am, i think my bathroom needs regrouting! :LOL: :LOL:

Take what they say about the number of referals with a pinch of salt.

Don't forget you are still quoting against at least 2 others and my experience is that people who use these web sites still get other local trades in to quote as well.

Take what they say about the number of referals with a pinch of salt.

Don't forget you are still quoting against at least 2 others and my experience is that people who use these web sites still get other local trades in to quote as well.

no worries on that one fella, as usual if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back