Opportunity for Input - REPOSTED

I think you have used the wrong word there David!

J & S are another of the exemplary manufacturers who give installers free training! Even more helpful I think their training gives a warm air ACS accreditation!

Not to forget Viessmann with quality boilers and free training !!!

Very helpful !

Sponsored Links
Don't know about paid training, a monthly p*ss up and meal would be a good starting point :LOL:

Pity they are not based in Spain or somewhere so we could have a free long weekend visiting the factory as my oil fitting mate did with Grant in Ireland;) If it hadn't been for him buying his kids presents he would literally not have had to spend anything all weekend, including the flights :eek:

My mate is Halsteads service agent and he says that although they are a bit flimsy and poorly built, they are otherwise a good budget boiler, he certainly isn't kept too busy with warranty calls by all accounts.

Sorry Tony.

I agree as Ive had great training in Northampton with J & S.

I have issues with replacing Gas Valves on old models at the moment.

S.I.T Valves are so expensive Ive taken to cutting the pipe to the burner and getting my stocks and dies out to re-thread so a 24v Honeywell Vlv will fit.

If I can do it the garden (this time of year only) I wont charge labour (for the adaption) and time away from the wife in the garden can be quite relaxing as dinner will be ready when I return.

David

Agile said:

Perhaps they could train their own engineers so they can offer a decent after sales service then :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
simond said:
I used to be a senior product manager and installers were usually the last people we asked for advice. Generally they want a boiler that is dirt cheap, tiny, lightweight, easy to wire up, 5 yr warranty, no paperwork to fill in, intuitive diagnostics that tell them exactly what part to change but don't tell the customer, supported by a TV campaign and £1M of press advertising, never goes wrong, separate mounting jig, easy lift packaging, cheap but beautifully made flue components, and a free remote control car..

That would be ok, but what about tea making and fag rolling capability

:)

Guys - apologies for absence as I haven't been able to logon over last few days from Home.

Previous Message -
Guys - apologies for absence as I haven't been able to logon over last few days from Home.

Agile said:
I am glad that you have now come clean Richard!

However, what you said before implied that you could only access this forum from home!!!
I don't see how saying that he hadn't been able to log on from home implies that he can only access the forum from home. :rolleyes:

I am in the local tele book!
Have you paid for this advertisement?

gas4you said:
Agile said:

Perhaps they could train their own engineers so they can offer a decent after sales service then :rolleyes:

When you visit their HQ at Telford its quite impressive! A large modern building with lots of people smartly dressed and moving about purposely as if they are doing something useful.

My first thought was why is it that with at least 30 staff ( probably many more! ) they seem to be so unable to answer phones or send out boilers or parts the same day if called before 11 am. Also that a request that anyone calls you back is rarely ( never in my case ) actioned.

Such a pity because their equipment is very good!

Tony

hang on halstead, aint people paid good money to design workable and managable products, why on earth should all the rgi assist some office dweller in making his own person fortune from ideas of others. you guys are paid to think up bullsh and we get paid to fix your bullsh.

or alternatively, the supplier humbly seeks to meet the desires and requirements of his customers, so needs to find out what they are so that he can try to meet them.

i think john d, that we get good designers and poor designers. what really p£sses me off, is when a design is sooooooooooo bad, that it leaves the computer and goes into production. ie them honeywell trvs with an led display..or summat, when the guy told us about them i nearly collapased. eeeejits.

I agree that this is not the place to seek professional feedback. There are many other ways it could be done, with the information coming in a standardised way, with some small motivational device were it deemed appropriate.
All you'll get from a forum such as this is some fairly general comments from rather few, mostly disgruntled, users. Surely you get plenty of low quality information like that from exhibition visitors?

As a response to the worthy sentiment behind the venture though, I will say that I've found Halstead's technical and product support very good.

As a response to the worthy sentiment behind the venture though, I will say that I've found Halstead's technical and product support very good.

youre on the xmas card list.

Wilhiem

we get good designers and poor designers. what really p£sses me off, is when a design is sooooooooooo bad, that it leaves the computer and goes into production. ie them honeywell trvs with an led display..or summat, when the guy told us about them i nearly collapased. eeeejits.
We fit those TRVs you refer to. We have customers who have written letters telling us how pleased they are with them - and it takes a lot for a customer to do that.

They are accurate to within 0.1 deg C and in trials, connected to the Hometronic control system, have been shown to deliver energy savings of up to 25%. Whatever the boiler type.

We are currently installing 38 of them in a single residence.

In my opinion they are a superb idea, energy conservation should be about comfort without wastage. Honeywell HS80 giving 16 zones of controllable heat is the answer, not solar, in my view.

Perhaps when you have fitted a few installations you may feel different. I think they ARE the future in central heating control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back