Opportunity knocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an underfloor drain to my central heating, and would like comments on whether its a good idea to put it elsewhere, as I have the foor up- or is it better to just leave a lose access board?
Also, can I leave a gas supply pipe for a gas fire ready for an installer- if I have to make a solder joint, will this be accepted? And what size-15mm?.
Actually there is a 22mm pipe there now which feeds the free standing boiler- but I believe you should not use this for anything else- is that correct?
Thanks for any replies. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Bylough said:
I have an underfloor drain to my central heating, and would like comments on whether its a good idea to put it elsewhere, as I have the foor up- or is it better to just leave a lose access board?

Just leave it where it is, you could put another one somewhere more accessible if you felt the need.

Bylough said:
Also, can I leave a gas supply pipe for a gas fire ready for an installer- if I have to make a solder joint, will this be accepted? And what size-15mm?.

Don't touch it, to solder it you must remove the meter and then carry out purges, letby and tightness test and all that stuff. The size of the pipe depends on the length of the pipe and gas consumption of the appliance(s)

Bylough said:
Actually there is a 22mm pipe there now which feeds the free standing boiler- but I believe you should not use this for anything else- is that correct?
Thanks for any replies. :confused:

See the second part above, you may be able to tee off it.

Thanks a bundle, ollski . It all becomes clear now. A great help- as I don't want to waste any time on this job (floor).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back