Optima compact problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all Some advice sought on my alarm problem please. All the functions of the alarm seem to be working as expected but the external box has a siren sound ( like a man in a box) , very quiet but there and seems to come on and off randomly, still sounds with the mains off so presumably powered by the battery in the box?
Replaced the battery in the internal control box but the external box problem persists. Do I need a new external box or should I be looking elsewhere? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
How old is the bell box ?
Does bell box sound outside without any warning from main control panel inside,
From your description the bell box could be faulty.

At least 20 years, on the garage when we moved in, no faults on control panel, just seems to have a mind of its own! The only sound seems to be a very weak sounding siren, but totally independent of the control panel ,if that makes sense? Thanks for your quick reply

In that case ,think you need to replace Bell box ASAP.
If you change bell box Take photo of wiring before you Disconnect as a reference. Also photo of wiring at control panel end also helps if you have any issues.

Sponsored Links
Brilliant, thanks, any recommendations as to what would be the most compatible replacement?

I would use Pyronix Delta bell plus.
Look in Internet for prices,you will need bell module and backbox with cover.

I would also consider Texecom boxes - different styles (Vertical, horizontal, shield) depending on what was there previously and the space available

Sorry it’s been a while but other family issues got in the way. New box has different wiring to the old ,can anyone shed some light as to wiring ? Thanks in advance
5C3CBE95-3EEE-4CE0-8A6F-ACBBF0C7B246.jpeg
89530053-EEF7-4130-A82A-6162913DB492.jpeg

Thanks so much Sparkymarka, presume the Green wire is spare and taped up? Hopefully get my garage alarmed tomorrow.

Wired as per above picture and now I get a fault on zone 1 which is the internal PIR ,if I omit zone 1 the alarm will arm and the door sensor sets off the panel but not the external box, any suggestions ?

Absolute star mate,one of the fuses had blown,changed and with the new external box it’s all working as it should,again thanks for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back