ouch... ( graphic pics.. be warned..!!)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
sorry, worked when I first posted, maybe the other forum where I put them doesn't like sharing..

Oh Geez... that looks completely painful! I had an injury something similar. I was using ethyl cyanoacrylate which is an industrial grade super glue and accelerator to glue a small diy project I was working on. A small bit of glue fell on my index finger and I didn't realize. And then I sprayed the accelerator which comes out in a mist on the project and the mist also sprayed on my finger and the end result was a burned hole about the same size you have on your finger. Ouch!

I have done exactly the same. My old plastic mandolin wore out so i splashed out on a semi professional all metal joby. Stupidly decided to try it out without guard (WHY!) and took end of my finger off. At first did not notice because blade was so sharp but once the spud juice got into the cut..... Very painful.

I was routing the edges of an MDF box, using a hand held laminate trimmer with a round over bit in when it slipped out of my hands. I stupidly tried to stop the trimmer hitting the floor and caught it in such a way one of my fingers caught the round over bit. Machine was still running, OUCH. ;) ;) ;)

:unsure: err.. always be careful whenever you are holding anything that canhurt you

I got exactly the same effect with a bench mounted belt sander. A moments inattention and next ... super smooth fingertips ...

I work in the electronics industry and we have a similar issue here.
If it takes you more than once or twice to learn NOT to try catch the soldering iron you just knocked off the desk then electronics is not for you!
It's one of those things that is so hot that when you catch it (by the hot end) you don't actualyl realise it's hot and you're half way putting it back on the desk before you wonder why you can smell chicken cooking...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back