• Yes

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It should be privately funded

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sponsored Links
The Government write-off was a bit of a con. They cancelled the debt but they also reduced the budgets of the trusts by the amount it was costing them - so overall there is no change for them.

Got a link to that, I note the govt are not paying off PFI debt, cant see anything about budget reductions though.

Not until its managed right. As said above, the NHS would just swallow it all up.

We pay a lot less than most other nations for healthcare. The NHS is outstanding value for money and more money would improve matters.

The fragmentation of the NHS is one of the things that holds it back. Equally ongoing and persistent cost cutting and persistent reorganization makes improving anything very hard.

Sponsored Links
Got a link to that, I note the govt are not paying off PFI debt, cant see anything about budget reductions though.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/nhs-to-benefit-from-13-4-billion-debt-write-off

The debt will be effectively written off by converting the loans to equity (Public Dividend Capital). Adjustments will be made to ensure providers’ surplus/deficit positions are not negatively affected by debt write-off. The previous system saw trusts owe the value of the loan plus interest

So the trusts still have to pay a return on the investment which is set at 3.5% which is currently more than the rate the Government is loaning them the money at in some cases - ergo the adjustments.

By the way the debt write off - more a conversion to equity is something the Government has been in discussion for a while. It is not something new.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/finance-and-e...s-set-to-be-let-off-10bn-debt/7026809.article

https://www.hsj.co.uk/finance-and-efficiency/nhs-trusts-owe-government-14bn/7025771.article

Although the interest rates on the loans vary, interest payments totalled £292m last year, which is an average rate of around 2 per cent.

My vote is fat fVckers heavy drinkers smokers etc should all pay more. I'm happy to pay more too but as long as I'm not paying for selfish people who end up putting a strain on our nhs unnecessarily which is what we are all about at the moment.

My vote is fat fVckers heavy drinkers smokers etc should all pay more. I'm happy to pay more too but as long as I'm not paying for selfish people who end up putting a strain on our nhs unnecessarily which is what we are all about at the moment.

What about pregnancies, people who get injured playing sports, what is the cut off?

Perhaps increasing the duty on alcohol and cigarettes might be a better way to deal with this.

Smokers dle early there bye saving the country money pensions ect in theong term.

Plus all. The tax they pay on ciggys

The country should be encouraging the population to take up smoking ect

No. Need for social. Care they will. All be dead :D long before it's required ;)

What about pregnancies, people who get injured playing sports, what is the cut off?

Perhaps increasing the duty on alcohol and cigarettes might be a better way to deal with this.
I was going to add that but thought I was clear enough no I dont mean extreme sports etc.

I thought we tried that already due to the sweaty socks killing themselves on cheap 2L bottles of diamond white?

Maybe confiscate their phones seems to work in most instances...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/nhs-to-benefit-from-13-4-billion-debt-write-off

The debt will be effectively written off by converting the loans to equity (Public Dividend Capital). Adjustments will be made to ensure providers’ surplus/deficit positions are not negatively affected by debt write-off. The previous system saw trusts owe the value of the loan plus interest

So the trusts still have to pay a return on the investment which is set at 3.5% which is currently more than the rate the Government is loaning them the money at in some cases - ergo the adjustments.

By the way the debt write off - more a conversion to equity is something the Government has been in discussion for a while. It is not something new.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/finance-and-e...s-set-to-be-let-off-10bn-debt/7026809.article

https://www.hsj.co.uk/finance-and-efficiency/nhs-trusts-owe-government-14bn/7025771.article

Although the interest rates on the loans vary, interest payments totalled £292m last year, which is an average rate of around 2 per cent.

Thank you. Having read the links, It still sounds good to me, and sounds like good news for the NHS trusts. Yes, it's not costing the Govt anything, refer to our previous debates regarding 'fairy dust'.

Many years ago it was thought to be sad if a couple couldn't have children, more recently it became a case of have as many shots at IVF as you want, I think some Trusts have started to limit it to 2 attempts.
A man deciding he wants to be a woman, undergoes extensive surgery then a year later wants to be changed back again.
Facelifts, tummy tucks.
All these things are great but there are a huge range of procedures carried out by the NHS which aren't illnesses, there lifestyle choices and should be paid for.

Many years ago it was thought to be sad if a couple couldn't have children, more recently it became a case of have as many shots at IVF as you want, I think some Trusts have started to limit it to 2 attempts.
A man deciding he wants to be a woman, undergoes extensive surgery then a year later wants to be changed back again.
Facelifts, tummy tucks.
All these things are great but there are a huge range of procedures carried out by the NHS which aren't illnesses, there lifestyle choices and should be paid for.

You seem to cotton onto the extreme edge cases. Old people are the biggest user of the NHS. NHS services are rationed and there are limits but whe your argument is some perons had a sex change and it cost X amount - well thats a reason the NHS is wasting money is simply focusing on the wrong aspect.

Cancel PFI debt. That costs more than any sex change op.

You seem to cotton onto the extreme edge cases.

Those were a few examples but my point is there are a whole raft of procedures that, in a perfect world, yes it would be wonderful if they could all be carried out by the NHS. I just find it odd that I could bowl up and have a sex change op free of charge when some trusts are denying certain cancer treatment drugs because of cost.

Cancel PFI debt. That costs more than any sex change op.

Oh come on Gal, even Jeremy Corbyn stopped short of doing that.

Those were a few examples but my point is there are a whole raft of procedures that, in a perfect world, yes it would be wonderful if they could all be carried out by the NHS. I just find it odd that I could bowl up and have a sex change op free of charge when some trusts are denying certain cancer treatment drugs because of cost.

Oh come on Gal, even Jeremy Corbyn stopped short of doing that.

You cannot just have a Sex change Op - no matter how much you really want one :ROFLMAO:. That is just not true and you know it. Your are making a false equivalence.

Can you tell me how much the NHS spends on sex change ops and then compare it to how much it spends with Mckinseys.

PFI - cancel it - solves alot of the problems.

PFI - cancel it - solves alot of the problems.

That's a lot of 'fairy dust' Galahad, but to be fair, given the global situation and the likely situation going forward, there's almost a case for making all debt disappear, national and private. That may sound ridiculous, but surely it's simply a case of moving a large number of numerical digits from one piece of paper to another piece of paper and sticking the latter piece of paper into the bottom drawer underneath some books and faded copies of Playboy magazine.

Sponsored Links
Back