Votes: 17 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It should be privately funded

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
E

EddieM

I'll be totally honest, I'm a huge fan of the NHS, yes fully accept it has issues and its scope has massively broadened from its original inception. I've said before on here, who would be prepared to dig a little deeper to fund it properly, I know that's a very broad question.

Sponsored Links
Knee jerk answer, the NHS is so large, it would swallow every penny you could throw at it, and would still want for more.

Again knee jerk , I'd reckon it should have a list of "what's in", and of "what's not in", so that we all have realistic and reasonable expectations of what we should get out of it.

After that, it can then be realistically (to a degree), costed.

Possibly?

Spot on, Eddie (y)
John :)

No worries, fortunately no need for their services at present, but I want them to be paid and equipped properly
Knee jerk answer, the NHS is so large, it would swallow every penny you could throw at it, and would still want for more.

Again knee jerk , I'd reckon it should have a list of "what's in", and of "what's not in", so that we all have realistic and reasonable expectations of what we should get out of it.

After that, it can then be realistically (to a degree), costed.

Possibly?

Agree with that, it's always a potential black hole. Perfectly reasonable argument there.

Sponsored Links
I'll be totally honest, I'm a huge fan of the NHS, yes fully accept it has issues and its scope has massively broadened from its original inception. I've said before on here, who would be prepared to dig a little deeper to fund it properly, I know that's a very broad question.
Yes, but through the taxation system so it would still remain free to all (uk residents) at point of use.

Taxation needs to go up substantially across the board (30p & 60p in the pound) to provide the basic infrastructure that a decent society should have - and that includes the NHS

Yes, but through the taxation system so it would still remain free at point of use.

Taxation needs to go up substantially across the board (30p & 60p in the pound) to provide the basic infrastructure that a decent society should have - and that includes the NHS

absolutely.. I personally have no use for the NHS at the moment... so what ! I'm more than happy to pay more, exactly the same construct as insurance.

Without a shadow of a doubt I would. But at the moment the NHS is, or was, being screwed by it's owners aka the government. Okay they have waived the 13.4 billion that the government said it owed them. If I'm going to be putting more money in I want some way of that money being monitored so that it actually goes to where it should be going. To be honest that applies to everything that mine, and your's, taxes are used for.

A good start would be to do away with all the separate NHS trusts and place it under a single umbrella. No more fat cat CEO's managing separate management and logistic functions. It beggars belief that one NHS trust will pay different fees/costs to its neighbour trust for the same service due to differing negotiation strategies.

Add in a proper, fair charging system for foreign users whose country doesn't have a reciprocal arrangement with the UK. Brexit aside, I hope we quickly agree a new EHIC system- it has been brilliant.

Add in a proper, fair charging system for foreign users whose country doesn't have a reciprocal arrangement with the UK. Brexit aside, I hope we quickly agree a new EHIC system- it has been brilliant.

And end the health tourists abusing the system. It's only a small cost to the NHS, but send out the wrong messages. Few other countries' health systems treat foreign spongers for free.

No problem with paying higher tax towards a better NHS but the cash has to go where it is needed and that is the frontline areas such as A&E, clinics, wards etc. Not to pay a gang of pen pushing bureaucrats that make policies that will never affect them because they have private insurance.
It's time to cull the amount of managers and have the same pricing system right across the board for all the different services that require a different hospital to provide.

No problem with paying higher tax towards a better NHS but the cash has to go where it is needed and that is the frontline areas such as A&E, clinics, wards etc. Not to pay a gang of pen pushing bureaucrats that make policies that will never affect them because they have private insurance.
It's time to cull the amount of managers and have the same pricing system right across the board for all the different services that require a different hospital to provide.

I read something a few weeks and was quite shocked at reading medical staff account for 50% of NHS staff. It would be interesting to know how that statistic has changed over the years.

The Government write-off was a bit of a con. They cancelled the debt but they also reduced the budgets of the trusts by the amount it was costing them - so overall there is no change for them.

RWR keep on jumping on their bete noire of pen pushers. The NHS admin costs are about one third the cost of those in the USA.

Medics and staff on the front line need support staff to make sure the eqiuipment, services, information they need is available. Does a Surgeon make sure the theatre is clean? Has the correct types of equipment, gloves, gowns etc.

Sponsored Links
Back