Outdoor lantern with integrated switch?

If your "work" area near the sink is seen by the pir, you could set the pir for 1 minute and as long as you are seen by the pir the light will stay on

Sponsored Links
I thought about a pir, but often I wash boots and tools in the butler sink there, so that's why I needed a switch.
Having the pir set at 10 minutes would be a waste of energy when I (or a cat) just pass by and I don't need the light.
Looks like the only solution is to have a separate switch below the light.

What do you think is the cost of running a 5W LED for ten minutes?

My outside light will stay on if quickly switched off and on from the switch (which is in the garage.
Normally it is on PIR but if I wanted it to remain on for a while, say for return trips, I can pop into the garage (which is where the power take off) and flick the switch.
Rest of the time it stays on PIR

Sponsored Links
If your "work" area near the sink is seen by the pir, you could set the pir for 1 minute and as long as you are seen by the pir the light will stay on
Does it not work with movement?
Moving just my hands at almost 180 degree would probably not trigger it, or would it?

As the PIR would sense your body moving it would keep the light powered, I have a PIR that scans my drive such that as you approach it switches four lights and just waving a hand in front of the sensor will bring the lights on.

As the PIR would sense your body moving it would keep the light powered, I have a PIR that scans my drive such that as you approach it switches four lights and just waving a hand in front of the sensor will bring the lights on.
Yes, but if I am at the sink, only my hands would be moving inside the sink.
And the light is 7 foot to the left on the same wall, so at 180⁰.

PIR sensors work on heat so as long as the sensor can "see" you it will keep the light on. So e sensors have a 220 degree sensing angle so can be triggered by a movement along the same wall

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back