1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

outside lantern

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by fullyabsorbent, 3 Nov 2020.

Tags:
  1. fullyabsorbent

fullyabsorbent

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm looking for a 100w victorian style outside wall lantern (without PIR) similar to the one attached that has a side entry so i dont have to drill through the wall. Has anyone come accross one?

Attached Files:

2. Taylortwocities

Taylortwocities

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Like this?

I wouldn’t have a cable coming from the side. Water is bound to seep in. Cable in to the bottom is better plan.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. AndyPRK

AndyPRK

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Normally you have to cut and file a hole where u want it.

5. sparkwright

sparkwright

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    All these type of fittings generally only have a cable entry in the back, so chances are you will have to notch the wall and run the cable in the notch through the back of the light. As said, try to make the cable come in the bottom rather than the top or side.

6. Sponsored Links
  7. plugwash

plugwash

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    In my case I worked around the cable entry issue for a lanetern like that by mounting it on a wooden plate. Used the router to cut the plate in a circle and put a nice edge on it. Cut a notch in it for the cable with a chisel and gave it a coat of dark brown wood treatment.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local