Outside lights via junction boxes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Currently have one outside light that has an outside switch fed from the boiler fused spur (see photos).
can this be converted using outside junction boxes and conduit so that I can have 3 lights at various positions (see photos).
I naturally understand that this is probably a job for an electrician but just want to know if this is possible and if it would be expensive. Any ideas or diagrams welcomed. Would prefer it done in a way that I could then get it carried on around the whole garden as I can afford it. Am I limited to how many I could have (lights) bearing in mind I will probably use Hue Led lights. Thanks

ECCD7BF7-896B-46CD-93E0-4EC62C00D46F.jpeg

F4D7C957-1951-415E-B0E5-3CE2AB3040F3.jpeg

19C622CE-AFF2-49A1-A1AD-9C705304ECEF.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I'm not a huge fan of conduit outdoors, It's really easy for water to find it's way into the conduit system and start flooding boxes. I'd rather see cables with glands.

Yours seems a pretty sloppy installation with the cable run in a loose and untidy manner with few if-any clips.

In any case the first task is to determine what you have? is it fed from the supply side or the load side of the boiler FCU? is that "switch" on the outside actually a FCU (at first sight it looked like a double switch to me, but looking closer one side looks flatter than the other).

I'm not a huge fan of conduit outdoors, It's really easy for water to find it's way into the conduit system and start flooding boxes. I'd rather see cables with glands.

Yours seems a pretty sloppy installation with the cable run in a loose and untidy manner with few if-any clips.

In any case the first task is to determine what you have? is it fed from the supply side or the load side of the boiler FCU? is that "switch" on the outside actually a FCU (at first sight it looked like a double switch to me, but looking closer one side looks flatter than the other).
The outside is defo a double switch

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back