outside lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI which cable do you guys generally use for outside lights clipped direct to the walls.cheers

Sponsored Links
Depends what kind of light and where its mounted in relation to the supply. Also this sort of work is notifiable to the local brains trust?(council)

Sponsored Links
T+E is not suitable for outdoor installation..

Flex is not sheathed so is unsitabl for areas likely to impact etc..

it depends on the installation..

if it's only a short distance and is out of any normal areas where damage is likely to occur, then probably flex..

it it's a fair run ( such as putting 3 or 4 round a house ) then I'd use something with more protection, like FP200 or possibly armoured..

Depends on the quality and type really now. The older stuff was pretty rubbish, newer stuff has all sorts of **** in it to make it stable in sunlight

In the atmosphere round here i use galvanised,otherwise it would rust away in 2 years.

No way would I tolerate any cables, let alone conduit, running around the outside of my house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back