Outside of shed storage advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My shed has quite a lot of space on two sides between the shed and the garden fence.
It would be ideal if my wheelie bins would fit along the side, but unfortunately, they are too large.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do with these side areas? I was thinking that on one side (second image) maybe I could put some corrugated clear roofing between the end of the shed roof and the fence so I could put things along there that don't want to get wet like a bike or other garden items.

Would be grateful of any suggestions you may have.

Screenshot-2019-09-01-at-16-13-37.png

Screenshot-2019-09-01-at-16-13-44.png

Sponsored Links
Hi HenryGregory.

Your best off just putting some wood or something there, very little you can do realistically to it. Be careful how you stack it tho, you can attract rats to build there nests there.

Many Thanks :D

Sponsored Links
Don't sheds have to be a certain distance to boundary fences?

Good suggestion, I had been thinking of that but didn't know they did such slim ones. This is a good potential option for watering garden. Tank is a little pricey but something I can look in to.

Why not just move the shed closer to fence?
Hmm, there isn't anymore cement base other than exactly where it is. It is also the most ricketey shed I have ever had in my life. I don't think it would survive a move of that much, even though it is barely anything.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Why don't we have underground waterbutts with pumps, linked to the soakaway? That would save space and allow far more water storage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back