Outside tap help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to fit a tap to an outside wall. All of the taps that I have seen are angled to take a feed from an internal source, which I appreciate is normal. However, the existing source runs up the wall already from the ground (do not know why, it’s not my house). Are there any external garden taps suitable for an upward feed like this?

Sponsored Links
The check valve stops the water syphoning back up into the tap and contaminating the supply.

For instance your filling your pond, there's a water cut, and bingo the water that was in your pond is now flying back up the hose into Thames Waters pipes.

I'm not sure how likely that is - and you don't need a check valve tap in every situation, but I always tend to put one on.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all of your help, £5 and I'll have the job done.
It should have a double check valve fitted and an isolating valve. If it's a new installation they should be fitted inside the building. If you're replacing an existing one you can fit a tap with an integral doublecheck valve I believe.
But in view of this
I am trying to fit a tap to an outside wall. All of the taps that I have seen are angled to take a feed from an internal source, which I appreciate is normal. However, the existing source runs up the wall already from the ground (do not know why, it’s not my house).
Are you sure it's a water pipe not a gas pipe?

you don't need a check valve tap in every situation

You don't need a check valve tap at all, they don't comply with water regs. Should be an isolator and double check valve inside, and the tap outside

you don't need a check valve tap in every situation

You don't need a check valve tap at all, they don't comply with water regs. Should be an isolator and double check valve inside, and the tap outside

depends if its a new install or a repair on an old install.
surely if we change a tap today it needs to be to todays regs, therefore needing a double check valve, or am i too used to doing the gas regs where work needs to be to todays regs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back