Outside tap isolator not working

The isolator on the long pipe (screwdriver) is the hot feed from the tank upstairs. You can see that the lower one is taken from the cold main where the bigger stopcock is.

Sponsored Links
The mystery deepens, I think.....I would have expected the feed from your loft tank to (presumably) the bottom of the copper cylinder to be piped in 22mm - it looks like 15?
Anyway.....you say the bottom stopcock is controlling the incoming main, it then tees left and right, the left heading to the dishwasher / washing machine supply but before that, teeing upwards to the second stopcock.
You say after that it heads outside...have I got that right?
No way the second stopcock can be fixed with a screwdriver......unless it wasn’t closed off in the first place, of course!
John :)

Yes. There is a hole behind the dishwasher (on the left of the picture) where it goes through a piece of plastic pipe to the outside tap. You can just see where the other branch of the mains pipe goes off to become the rising main (under the blue isolation tap for the dishwasher).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back