Outside tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This probably sounds like a really silly question but i need to run some pipe to give me an outside tap, if i were to use plastic pipe instead of metal is it likely to freeze and burst?

I will be ising the speedi fit connectors and it will mean atleast one of these will be outside too, will these be ok outside? I will of course insulate pipe and connectors but just wanted to ask before i wasted time and money.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
should be fine if insulated although may look lika bag of the proverbial

put an iso valve inside so you can isolate during the depths of winter

if u wanna use speedfit pipe n fittings, best use it inside as its really used to make running pipe and making connections easier and not for its looks, i personally dont like speedfit, i prefer hep2o if using plastic but speedfit is handy as u can disconnect the connections easilly if u need to, anyway.. run speedfit inside for ease then outside use copper with yorkshire fittings as it looks and is a lot better, but u will have to insulate it in winter

Sponsored Links
cheers guys, it's much appreciated, i think ill look into the connectors you recommended.

Thanks again for your help :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back