Over 70s face driving curfew

So can losing your eyesight and still driving.

Sponsored Links
In my case, early sixties, it was a test centre in the middle of a block, with a quick shortcut to walk from the front, to the rear of the block. The asked you to ride in circles around the block one way, then the other direction, whilst they walked back and forth observing your progress. At one stage they would step out in the road in front of you, without warning and you were supposed to do a controlled emergency stop. I turned the bike sideways stopping, but managed to control it - I was sure he would fail me, then after a few HC questions I got a pass :)

That's exactly how it was when I took my bike test in 1985. Examiner wandering around the block near test centre with a clipboard while I did circuits. You had to be unlucky to make a mistake in sight of the examiner.

However, it could all go horribly wrong. :ROFLMAO:

I have very slight T2 and as a result I get sent an annual NHS appointment for a full check up. The result is then past to my doctor. My eyes were somewhat better in last months test, than previous annual checks.
My mother is 84 with insulin dependent type 2. Never been asked to have medical tests every 3 years when renewing her licence.

I fancy they maybe over-reacted to my T2. I have annual medicals and eye tests, yet every time since they began this, they have suggested I'm fine, just borderline - do nothing special, no meds. All I did was swap two sugar in my coffee for one - I soon got used to it and two is now too sweet.

Sponsored Links
So more testing. Yep a nice fat contract handed out to a mate.

Back