Overcrowded Britain

• Thread starter cumbriahandyman
  • Start date
our way of life is we have evolved into not blowing people up in the name of religion that is apart from our leaders.

i think Spacepratt is ashleyheating

Sponsored Links
our way of life is we have evolved into not blowing people up in the name of religion that is apart from our leaders.

i think Spacepratt is ashleyheating

apart from our LEADERS! thats a pretty HUGE omission

@NF ......Norfolk that explains the inbred knuckle scraping

@jockstrap john....what way of life there isn't one, I guess your a sun reader

The trouble with small minded ignorant bigots is that they are SMALL MINDED IGNORANT BIGOTS

Says the "big minded" hypocrite who refers to all foreigners as......
workshy freeloaders

Sponsored Links
there weren't enough men to do the jobs. The reason being, they had died in the war. :idea:

A brief search in Google shows that in 1945 the UK population was about 50 million. The casualties of the WW2 are less that half a million, which is a little bit less than 1% of the total pre-war population.

The UK lost 388, 000 military and civilian lives during WW2. You have made a glaring ommission, and forgotten the number of troops wounded. So as a very rough estimate, the 388, 000 doubles to 800, 000 to include deaths and troops permanently disabled.

The majority of these will be young men, so that's a sizeable chunk of the working population, either killed in action or disabled.

Lets have ALL the facts!

So why we're women removed from the workplace to make way for the returning men?

So why we're women removed from the workplace to make way for the returning men?

As usual, you are a little confused over the facts. Let me explain it to you.

In the 40s, immediately after the war, the country was bankrupt and on its knees. So, yes, there was a shortage of work for men.

But by the 50s, the situation had changed, and The UK economy was taking off. This was the period that you originally referred to.

So, with the renewed growth, due to the fact that hundreds of thousands were unavailable to take advantage of this due to being killed or disabled in WW2, we needed extra workers. Thats why thousands of immigrants were shipped in.

As usual, you are a little confused over the facts. Let me explain it to you.

In the 40s, immediately after the war, the country was bankrupt and on its knees. So, yes, there was a shortage of work for men.

But by the 50s, the situation had changed, and The UK economy was taking off. This was the period that you originally referred to.

So, with the renewed growth, due to the fact that hundreds of thousands were unavailable to take advantage of this due to being killed or disabled in WW2, we needed extra workers. Thats why thousands of immigrants were shipped in.

WW2 finished in 1945 immigrants came over in the mid 1950's plenty of time for the hundreds of thousands of kids who never went to war to now
be of age to hold down employment.

However what ever the reason they came as british citizens/subjects and them and their families are now as British as ANYONE in this country
with the same rights.

Its been so long since the original post I have largely forgotten what the argument was about apart from a bunch of racists who seem to think that Britain is a white only culture when it couldnt be further from the truth.
Blacks and Asians are as British as anyone here and their respective cultures are equally valid

White British people have gone all over the world to work and make money, dont complain when others do the same by coming here

Its been so long since the original post I have largely forgotten what the argument was about

You never grasped it in the first place you slimey wop and just trolled where ever you had the opportunity.

dont complain when others do the same by coming here

Except not all of them come here to work. So people have every right to complain.

Sponsored Links
Back