Overheard conversations when you just had to interject

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've all been there. Stood in B&Q hearing someone discussing how they will plumb up their tap and you think thats a bit silly.

Anyway, was in LIDL yesterday browsing and noticed those citronella candle holders that are perched on the top of a bamboo cane. You fill up the little container with citronella and the wick draws it up to a flame on top. A lady picks one up and says to her friend 'oh these are great! You put petrol in this container and light it up on your patio'.

I normally don't say anything but I just had to pipe up and tell her that was just a bit dangerous and more like a molotov cocktail.

Sponsored Links
I was in Waitrose a while ago, and overheard a manager telling a trainee how to pronounce 'Moet et Chandon'.

He got it wrong, and I had to go over and correct him.

I've felt badly about it since, though. Hardly a life or death matter.

I was in Waitrose a while ago, and overheard a manager telling a trainee how to pronounce 'Moet et Chandon'.

So, how exactly DOES one pronounce "Moet et Chandon"? ;)

I ask because this came up for me once... I've heard differing opinions depending on whether one emphasise the German name "Moet" or the fact that it is Champagne and therefore French...

Like how some people here would say "Volks-wagon" and others would say "Vokes-varg-un".

Sponsored Links
Most satisfying interjection I made was on a tube train

Tourist family speaking German were loud and disrespectful about London and Londoners. They then started to work out where to change trains for Trafalgar Square.

I leant forward and explained to them in German the best route.

Red faced silence followed the very curt "Thank you"

Although it was four stations before they had to change they got up to leave at the next station. I reminded them that it was not the station to change but they ignored me.

Once in a chippy with a friend who had placed a large order for a number of meals.
Shop was quite full but 2 chinese women behind counter were jabbering away nine to the dozen. Finally he's told his order is ready. He promptly started talking chinese back to them and after a minute said to me, c'mon, lets go.
I walked out a bit puzzled till he explained they had been slagging everyone off in the shop. He simply told them if thats what they thought of their customers they could keep their food he was going somewhere else.
What they didn't know was he had spent over 5 years teaching English in China and was living with a Chinese girl!
:LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back