Paddy joke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The sign said "Suits £5.00 each, Shirts £2.00 each, Trousers £2.50 per pair"

Paddy says to his pal, "Mick, look! We could buy a whole lot of dose, and when we get back to Ireland, we could make a fortune. Now when we go into the shop, you be quiet, okay? Just let me do all the talking cause if they hear our accent, they might not be nice to us. I'll speak in my best English accent.'

"Roight y'are, Paddy, I'll keep me mouth shut, so I will." says Mick.

They go in and Paddy says, "I'll take 50 suits at £5.00 each, 100 shirts at £2.00 each, and 50 pairs of trousers at £2.50 each. I'll back up my truck and..."

The owner of the shop interrupts, "You're from Ireland, aren't you?"

"Well... yes," says a surprised Paddy. "How d' y' know dat?"

The owner says, "This is a dry cleaners."

Sponsored Links
So... let me get this straight: are you saying that Irish people are stupid?

Softus said:
Tell us your nationality and we'll let you know :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Softus said:

i thought that was common knowledge..... but i dont believe the scots are a load of tight gits :D

poshman said:
i thought that was common knowledge.....
So, let me also get that straight: are you saying that it's commonly known that Irish people are stupid?

The funniest bit of the whole thread is you tyring to wind folk up.

You're not a mile away from the mark, but there's a serious point here too.

Come on Softus, it would still be funny,whatever nationality was quoted.
You stick to serious matters, humour is not your best subject. :LOL: :LOL:

By the way I was looking for your help on a more important matter with your mate j-90 but you didnt show. ;) ;)

anobium said:
Come on Softus, it would still be funny,whatever nationality was quoted.
I'm not attempting to be humourous. And if you are then it isn't working. ";)" (sic.)

And this is an important matter. Are you saying that it's OK to poke fun at a particular nationality?

By the way I was looking for your help on a more important matter with your mate j-90 but you didnt show. ;) ;)
It didn't look like you needed my help.

And this is an important matter. Are you saying that it's OK to poke fun at a particular nationality?

No, not in the sense that you are implying, ie racism, but isn't most humour based in some way or another on the misfortune, colour, luck, looks ,sex, etc etc of others.
Just to give one example . A lot of the Monty Python sketches were based on English upper class twits.
Maybe not the best example but hopefully you can see my point.

It didn't look like you needed my help

Is that a compliment, if so I am not worthy oh great one :oops: :oops:

So as not to offend the PC Brigade... ;)

The sign said "Suits £5.00 each, Shirts £2.00 each, Trousers £2.50 per pair"

Softus says to his pal, "Mick, look! We could buy a whole lot of dose, and when we get back to *******, we could make a fortune. Now when we go into the shop, you be quiet, okay? Just let me do all the talking cause if they hear our accent, they might not be nice to us. I'll speak in my best ******* accent.'

"Roight y'are, Softus, I'll keep me mouth shut, so I will." says Mick.

They go in and Softus says, "I'll take 50 suits at £5.00 each, 100 shirts at £2.00 each, and 50 pairs of trousers at £2.50 each. I'll back up my truck and..."

The owner of the shop interrupts, "You're from *******, aren't you?"

"Well... yes," says a surprised Softus. "How d' y' know dat?"

The owner says, "This is a dry cleaners."

anobium said:
...isn't most humour based in some way or another on the misfortune, colour, luck, looks ,sex, etc etc of others.
I don't know about most humour; gut feel is that it isn't anywhere near the majority.

For example, I'm a big fan of the late Tommy Cooper. Even though I can readily think of a sketch of his that used character stereotypes, the humour he created out of it didn't require any attribute of those stereotypes. And the overwhelming majority of his comedy poked fun at nobody other than himself.

Doctor: What seems to be the problem?

Tommy: It hurts when I do this [raises right arm above head].

Doctor: Well, don't do that. [members of audience wet themselves]

Just to give one example . A lot of the Monty Python sketches were based on English upper class twits.

Maybe not the best example but hopefully you can see my point.
Again, I'd challenge your use of the words "a lot" there, but I can see your point, however it supports my point, which is to provoke thought about what's generally accepted as being funny, and to examine why it's funny.

It didn't look like you needed my help
Is that a compliment...
Yes. But it was only joe-90 you were up against. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back