PadStone Sizes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?:Structural engineer has stated padstone sizes to be used as
330x100x150mm and 250x250x150mm.

I assumed these would just be off the shelf padstones, but neither TP or MKM do them.

My question is, do I have to use those sizes, or can I just get off the shelf ones?

any info, help or advice welcome, this is a self build extention. I will go back and ask the SE but want to have some knowledge or input before I do.

Thanks in advance(y)

Sponsored Links
At 150mm thick, I'd think he means you to site-cast them on top of your piers, next time you are mixing or having a readimix delivery.

Sponsored Links
I had the same situation, and was recommended to go to the nearest bigger size that the merchants stocked. BCO didn't really care!

the sizes are just the minimum, the point is to spread the load from the beam wide enough through the wall to avoid cracking the bricks or destabilising the wall.
If you use a bigger one you're just spreading the load even further. Site casting can be cheaper in materials but more labour.

Or cut a concrete lintel to size and lay two pieces in 1:3 mortar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back