Paint cracking not sticking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Painting bedroom and bathroom. Bedroom has suffered condensation issues and paint doesn't seem to stick even with damp seal. Bathroom similar and seems to cracking like a jig saw. Extractor in place now and have resolved condensation but not sure best treatment to proceed?

Many thanks Andy

Attachments

• 20160507_080036.jpg
    20160507_080036.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 160
  • 20160507_080103.jpg
    20160507_080103.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 168
Sponsored Links
When you used sealant did you strip back paint first?
I use Zinsser 123, when I have encountered this problem, but always take as much of the original paint off as possible and it works. I am not Painter/decorator, but can speak with regards to first hand experience!
But the best thing to do is restrict or solve the condensation issue as much as possible. Bathroom and bedrooms are renowned for this problem.

Thanks yeah that's what I'm doing and it's hard work but as you detail necessary. Will get that product. Have a great weekend, too nice for decorating!

Sponsored Links
My brain isn't working this morning...what are the silver/grey strips in the second image?

Cracking and crazing can be caused by a number of things - matt on silk, underlying PVA or wallpaper paste, oil/grease/detergent contamination....

A primer like 1-2-3 can help in most instances, but a little more information as to what paint was there previously, and what you are using now, may help us suggest other solutions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back