Paint for spindles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Large staircase with lots of spindles is due for its annual painting, last time i did it i used white gloss which took an eternity to do, is there
any other paint i could use which would make the job easier and less time consuming which wouls still look ok............thanks

Sponsored Links
There really is'nt a quick fix in painting spindles regardless of your choice of paint, one way that can speed up the process is to cut in top and bottom and use a 4" roller fitted with a high density foam sleeve. Concentrate on no more than 6 at a time and when rolled, lightly lay off with a brush.

Dec.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the speedy replies, regarding the satinwood, have used that downstairs on a couple of doors and seemed quite hard to apply, would it be more of a struggle applying it to the spindles or is it just me or the type of paint (the satinwood im using is a shops own product, its a one coat only stuff from w--------s) and it didnt do me brushes much good, thought i would splash out and bought some hamilton ones now after a few uses and cleans ive ended up with a lot of bristles sticking outwards,ah well you live and learn........ cheers :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back