Painting Disaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Had the house replastered recently. Due to bright white led downlights i could see imperfections. Anyways few rooms filled with easi fill and Tourpet decorators skim. Sanded them smooth. Wiped down the surfaces.

Spot primed filled areas. Firstly with wateree down emulsion. Then zinsser bin and zinsser 123

Issue was it was reactivating the filler making it soft and dragging it out. This is on top of both fillers. Then someone suggested Zinsser Gardz. Its been the best so far but i can still see when i spot prime with a small roller in some places, very fine particles emerge from the filler. Looks like the surface changes texture.

Can someone please shed some light as it cant be the filler. When spot priming its sinking in too quickly. Please can someone help. Im in the West Midlands area...

Ceilings after spot priming will be finished in 2 coats of Armstead contract matt white and walls 2 coats diamond matt white.

Any questions fire away ???

Sponsored Links
I've. Ever had an issue with any of them.

I can't think what is happening. Is the plaster definitely dry? Was it just a skim or a full re-plaster?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back