Painting over old plaster in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all,

I’m currently working on stripping paint and preparing a bathroom wall for painting. A small section of the wall was starting to peel off right down to the bare plaster and within a few minutes I’d actually taken around half off without the need for a scraper. It just pulled off in large sections.

As this is a bathroom wall, and given the moisture from things such as showering etc, what should I do next? I don’t want to just paint over the bare plaster as I feel it needs some extra preparation first. The plaster is in good shape and I won’t need to do any repairs to this.

Any advice would be appreciated - I was thinking of mixing some white emulsion with some water and then applying this to the plaster first. But should I be using some special product instead?

Thanks,

Darren

Sponsored Links
You could use a mist coat or Zinsser peel stop primer for about £8 a litre

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back