Painting skirting/architrave/plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI chaps, after reading about I need a definitive answer to these questions.

I'm painting a room, 3 walls have been plastered and one wall is taped and filled (I wanted to see how this worked so left a wall un-plastered)

Today I've painted the walls and ceiling with some trade matt, I decided not to water down on this occasion as it's my first time and was worried about excessive dripping. So far so good.

So, how do I cope with the taped and filled wall? I've read that plasterboard needs to be sealed but I'm not keen on purchasing a sealant as only one wall is bare plasterboard. I've read that using standard trade matt (mist coat) followed by a second, and then the final finishing coat is fine (the same process for a plastered wall/ceiling) Is this correct?

The next issue is painting skirtings/architrave.

I think I made a mistake in fitting the skirting first, because it would have been easier to paint behind and then fit the skirting, but anyway..

How do I prepare skirting and architrave for painting ?

Sorry, I know these questions have been asked before, I just need someone to tell me direct as it would give me more assurance

Sponsored Links
As you said, they have been asked many times before.

Check out the Search function - it works (most of the time!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back