Palette wood cladding on block wall - concerned about weight

If the external wall is decent and flat I would advise direct fix with no battens. If appearance (of the fixings) is an issue, consider stainless cladding screws. These are authentic and most think add to the look.

If you must batten, add a vapour barrier to the battens before fixing the pallet wood. (the external wall - internal wall is fine)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
The weight is less than adding another sheet of plasterboard , I planed , sanded and stained mine and finishing with danish oil .Just pinned to studs.
That's beautiful @foxhole! Exactly the sort of colour we want. Can you link me to the stain and finish you used, please?

Last edited:
That's beautiful @foxhole! Exactly the sort of colour we want. Can you link me to the stain and finish you used, please?
Just used a variety of Colron wood dye, (not water based)then mixed a few to give range of colours.Then coat of danish oil .

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back