panasonic tv

Back in the days when Thorn EMi were manufacturing TVs in the UK, dropping them was a standard Q.A. test!

Sponsored Links
ALWAYS state what you have tried already, in your initial post. Avoid wasting people's time.
ye your right mate , i should know better with advising boiler issues . the problem was the volume was going full blast every two minutes so was doing my head in and wanting to sort straight away before having to buy a new tv ,its an panasonic viera TH-50PX600B plasma tv and its quite a few years old so can't really complain. i just needed it for at least a couple of days extra out of it so i bodged a repair , it took some getting in and about the electronics to locate the molex connection for the volume button to disconnect just in case it had a short ( ? ) or something . it has worked so far but unable to use the remote at all
but i will answer your questions mike considering your effort so far .
relating to your questions above
A only starts ramping up after two minutes on
B volume low button does nothing at all while volume rises and doesn't work when up high (have to turn tv off then on and cycle begins )
c same as above
d you can see the volume bar going up but no response to anything else

As for getting rid of the TV, I suggest if you really love this TV, you could extend its life by using an external audio amplifier with its own sound control and use audio out from the back of the tv to your audio amp, and disconnect internal speaker ( you could use Mute button) or chop speaker wires off.
that is a good idea when i manage to sort one out

alternatively fit a 5watt volume control pot on the side, if the sound is stereo you will need two gang pot and approximately 1K ohm log pot will do the job, cut speaker wires and wire them to the two end pins of the pot, (pot will have 3 pins) and then run your speaker wires one to the middle pin and one to one of the other two, turn the pot up to set maximum volume.

so this is similar to a pot in a boiler then which does make sense.

is their anything i can do with the tv without buying extra equipment or else i would just buy another tv when i have some time ( really busy at work ) but i do like this tv so would be ideal if i could save it.

ALWAYS state what you have tried already, in your initial post. Avoid wasting people's time.

all I've tried is above in other posts ( and this ) also done all normal stuff like power switch off ( for some time ), on different channels , using only the tv to adjust channels and volume , new batteries in control.
it just seem like the volume button in stuck in but it isn't .
thanks for your help and look forward to hearing from you soon (y)(y)(y)

I've had a case where the volume button was "leaky" and caused this symptom. So it IS worth disconnecting it as a test. However, the fault might be in, or around, the volume control I.C. and that's trickier.
as said above I've disconnected the volume button within the back panel of tv at the molex plug and it has stopped the volume going up but I'm unable to use the remote at all , but i have all control on button on front of tv .any further suggestion would be greatly received thanks (y)(y)

Sponsored Links
ye that looks sound and might be the ticket, would i just wire it in normally considering the problem i have , can't see why not i suppose

Enter the service menu (Google how to do this) there is a maximum volume setting in there for when the TV is used in a hotel room etc.
Set this to your usual listening level.
Don't adjust anything else in there.
Exit service menu.
Job done.

Enter the service menu (Google how to do this) there is a maximum volume setting in there for when the TV is used in a hotel room etc.
Set this to your usual listening level.
Don't adjust anything else in there.
Exit service menu.
Job done.
good man , now when you get someone who knows what there talking about is gold dust (y) . if you have any issues regarding gas or boilers just pm me and ill do my best to help you out cheers mate , will try it out tomorrow and hope it works thanks
paul

Provided it is not the same sound volume chip that has gone down causing permanent full blast, but yes if the upper limiter is still able to work, then it is the best solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back