Paragon Plus problem since power cut.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a Pyronix Paragon Plus alarm which has worked well since it was installed about 17 years ago. Last night we suffered a power cut and when the power came back on the alarm sounded. Entering the normal code had no effect and as it was 3am I switched off the power to the control box. As this silenced it immediately I can assume the batteries in the controller and the bell are flat.
Having now found a manual I find I can seemingly set and reset the alarm using the default codes, and also the entry/exit zones appear to work as previous, however, the alarm wont go into DAY mode, and because of this I am unable to reset the user code back to my original number.
Could this problem exist as a result of the battery in the controller being flat? As I said earlier, the alarm has worked perfectly well, presumably with a flat battery, but I wonder if now restoring power without a battery is causing a problem.
Any ideas?
Many thanks, David.

Sponsored Links
When was the last time battery was replaced ?
Are you using default code 1234 to set ?
What led are on panel/keypad?
Is alarm led lit ?

Hi, The battery has never been replaced. Master code 1234 works to set / reset, as does the default user code 5678. The only led lit on the keypad is the supply. No others regardless of set / reset status.

If battery is 17 years I would say that is up the shoot!
Are the leds flashing/light up on your movement sensors?

Sponsored Links
Yes, I would acknowledge that the battery is flat, but really wondering if the system is usable. As I say I can set it and reset it, just don't have a DAY mode nor can I change the code back to my original. Movement sensors all work ok.

If no day light then could have problem with control panel PCB caused by possible faulty battery?
You could open panel and disconnect battery by taking battery leads off the battery and see if day led comes on once panel lid back on and reset .
Caution 230v mains electric inside control panel .
Your control panel is no longer made and if panel is faulty then you would need a new panel.
A faulty battery could have damaged the battery charging circuit built into the control panel

In other words never been serviced, battery probably caused issues with power supply and panel .....just replace it ....

Hi, I disconnected battery as suggested, system up and running! New battery here now, ready to fit tomorrow. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back