Paris riots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, the reason for these riots is "two teenagers were fleeing from the police, and somehow ended up getting electrocuted in a sub-station".

I have not read anything giving any advance on this, so I was wondering, has anyone read anything more detailed?

For instance, does anyone know why they were fleeing from the police?

From the way the articles have been worded (although this could just be press spin), it seems quite likely that they were up to no good anyway.

Sponsored Links
I don't think that the death of the teenagers is the reason for the riots, but it catalyzed them (remember the Rodney King riots?)
From what I have read the riots are a product of years of social and racial poverty and segregation. The French Interior Minister helped to fan the flames by calling ethnic groups yobs and scum, for which he refuses to apologise.

why should he say sorry ? they are scum he simply told it like it is

martial law woudl be nice to see that would make good tellly all a taste of what we are going to get here in the not to distant futue

petewood said:
(remember the Rodney King riots?)

I had thought about that! Although I figured that whilst related, in the case of Rodney King there was an actual tape of him being beaten up.

However, in the King case those behind the riots conveniently forgot that the reason King was being beaten was because he was out of his mind on PCP which is a "strength enhancing drug that blocks the pain receptors". There were plenty of other black people in his car, I'm pretty sure if it was racially motivated they wouldn't have stopped at one person! The fact that the beating took place after a police chase where he refused to stop, combined with the fact that King is currently broke and living in drug rehab (despite winning millions of dollars in a lawsuit about the whole event) would suggest he is hardly a pillar of society.

This could be the same with Paris, the rioters conveniently "forgot" that perhaps the teenagers had just mugged an old lady or something. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Slogger said:
.............. all a taste of what we are going to get here in the not to distant futue

better watch your van then.

AdamW said:
petewood said:
(remember the Rodney King riots?)

I had thought about that! Although I figured that whilst related, in the case of Rodney King there was an actual tape of him being beaten up.

However, in the King case those behind the riots conveniently forgot that the reason King was being beaten was because he was out of his mind on PCP which is a "strength enhancing drug that blocks the pain receptors". There were plenty of other black people in his car, I'm pretty sure if it was racially motivated they wouldn't have stopped at one person! The fact that the beating took place after a police chase where he refused to stop, combined with the fact that King is currently broke and living in drug rehab (despite winning millions of dollars in a lawsuit about the whole event) would suggest he is hardly a pillar of society.

This could be the same with Paris, the rioters conveniently "forgot" that perhaps the teenagers had just mugged an old lady or something. :confused:

But my point is that the rioting isn't about those 2 kids who got electrocuted, any more than the LA riots were about King getting beaten. These were only the occurences that kicked them off. After that, all the tension spills out and the riots grow on their own because the trouble was never that far beneath the surface.

It's very ironic that a government acts the way it does when it's whole constitution has been built up on the public taking to action to get over their point of view.
Viva la revolution!

kendor said:
It's very ironic that a government acts the way it does when it's whole constitution has been built up on the public taking to action to get over their point of view.
Viva la revolution!

Well spotted :LOL:

AdamW said:
kendor said:
Viva la revolution!

Well spotted :LOL:
We don`t want you pontificating from the Vatican City, Thankyou ;)

You should have highlighted 'pontificate' - I almost missed a rather good pun.

joe

Sponsored Links
Back