Word Recognition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I saw an article a couple of years ago that showed a paragraph contains words with the characters randomly jumbled up, the only critical feature was that for each word the First and last character of that word was the same as the original word, the remaining characters were randomly mixed up.
The amazing thing was that if you individually looked at each word, it was clearly nonsense but if the paragraph was looked at in the way we all normally read which is effectively scanning each word and not forming the word from the sequential letters, them most people could read the paragraph although on first glance the words were just gobbledegook.
I have searched for the article on Google etc and can't find anything, has anyone seen the article and can tell me were is can be found.

Sponsored Links
The knowledge in that paper has been around very much longer than 2003. I first encountered the idea in 1978. As a trainee teacher!

Sponsored Links
It would certainly apply to a majority of the Tory party.(y)

Applies to all politicians. Not one leader amongst any of them these days. However, the Tories are the only ones semi-fit to manage the decline of this country. We're totally screwed if Her Majesty's 'opposition' ever get their claws on the levers of power.

Not sure whether any foreign bods reading chaotic articles would appreciate the text.

I actually feel sorry for Tish May having inherited the worst scenario thrust upon the UK for decades. What a chaotic, ill thought out shambles.
She did apply for the job with that scenario.

She is only still there because no one else wants to be responsible for the outcome.

She did try and get out of the position by calling the election.

She is only still there because no one else wants to be responsible for the outcome.
Correct.
It's amusing watching political commentators pore over the whole Brexit thing. They view Brexit as a slow train crash with the vultures patiently waiting for death.

Last edited:
It's amusing watching political commentators pore over the whole Brexit thing. They view Brexit as a slow train crash with the vultures patiently waiting for death

No, thats how remainers view it (y).

Or you specifically........

Sponsored Links
Back