Parquet Floor Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just moved to a new house and love the floor. Unfortunatly old owner did not look after floor or cleaned it very often - I need to find what is best to use to clean Parquet floor that has been neglected and has year and years of soot and Dust?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Finally found a product that you can use on dirty parket flooring - without resorting to sanding.
We have been able to get hold of HG product - Parket PE waxes and dirt remover - marvelous - it really brought out the beauty of the floor. If after you have done this you notice that your floor does need sanding - then it should be easier as there will be no wax or dirt to clogg up the sand paper!

I have the same problem and am also searching for the answer. What is HG product - Parket PE waxes and dirt remover and where can I get it? I would love to hear whether you find success with anything out there.

:confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Found a link to a supply in US/ Canada hope this assists - it really worked and I did not have to create dust etc - I have two daughters that are Asthmatic and this was the ideal solution.

However I would recommend that you use a Floor Scrubber (Industrial ike the ones they use to clean the malls) this will once again ease any strain of scrubbing on your Knees.

Afterwards I used a liquid Wood floor polish that needs no polishing and seals the wood (waterbased with no VOC's)

Good luck
:rolleyes:
http://www.prosol.ca/frame/frame-hg-menu_e.htm [img][/img]

hi,

not sure if anyone can advise relating to the prev posts,

i have used the hg parquet cleaner product to clean my parquet floor (it was a bit dirty!) now that its clean what should i do now?
have read up to use a polish but what is best these water based or poly type?
my current floor isn't varnished, should i use a liquid Wood floor polish seal and finish? if so what brand/product is best?

hope someone can help as i don;t know much about this type of thing

many thanks

simon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back