partial knee op

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone ever had a partial knee op? or full knee for that matter and was able to return to thier trade?
any experiences anyone?

Sponsored Links
What sort of op are you talking about? Cartilage problems?

You don't say what it is you do now Steve.

I had an accident at work in 1989, nothing to do with knees, wrecked my pelvis. But there was a guy in the bed opposite me who was having a second set of knees done! He was about 60 odd I'd say and had worn the first set out.... he was a Rock Climber! Don't know if he was a Pro or what but I'd have thought that if he could return to Rock Climbing, there must be hope for you mate.

Sponsored Links
My Ma had an "Oxford" and although she does not work anymore, her knee is heaps better than it was.

You don't say what it is you do now Steve.

I had an accident at work in 1989, nothing to do with knees, wrecked my pelvis. But there was a guy in the bed opposite me who was having a second set of knees done! He was about 60 odd I'd say and had worn the first set out.... he was a Rock Climber! Don't know if he was a Pro or what but I'd have thought that if he could return to Rock Climbing, there must be hope for you mate.
im hoping to get back to plastering blas sorry to hear about your pelvis hope they managed to do something for you, yes the knees only last about ten years full one or partial ,after the partial wears out then ill have to have full ones then after that if im still alive ill be in one of those buggys i expect cheers for the reply

And I thought 'Steve the spreader' worked in a cob shop. :mrgreen:

My Ma had an "Oxford" and although she does not work anymore, her knee is heaps better than it was.
yes im having somthing like the oxford, my mother inlaw has 2 of them she seems ok but obviosly shes not a trades person so i dont know how she would fair out onsite all day, glad to hear ur old ladys doin good with it

anyone ever had a partial knee op? or full knee for that matter and was able to return to thier trade?
any experiences anyone?

Steve, I had a reconstruction on my ACL in 2003 and then several corrective ops since.
I did it playing football and was out for 18 months or so before returning to playing. (not my trade but I thought it worth mentioning that it's not totally debilitating).

Hope that helps.

yes im having somthing like the oxford, my mother inlaw has 2 of them she seems ok but obviosly shes not a trades person so i dont know how she would fair out onsite all day, glad to hear ur old ladys doin good with it

"All day"? If you're anything like my uncle, you'll be tucking into your "tea" at 3pm! ;)

Sponsored Links
Back