pass through plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does any one know if it is possible to get a 13A rewireable plug with a socket on the back of the plug. ie make up an extension and still be able to use the socket that the lead is plugged into.

Sponsored Links
They're not covered by the product standard, so if you find one it can't be compliant.

does any one know if it is possible to get a 13A rewireable plug with a socket on the back of the plug. ie make up an extension and still be able to use the socket that the lead is plugged into.
It doesn't sound particularly 'nice', but couldn't you use a 'standard 13A adapter, with an extension lead plugged into one outlet and the other one or two outlets still available for use? - something like:
images

Kind Regards, John

Is there any reason why you cannot not use a more conventional method to plug to items into the same outlet?

Sponsored Links
They used to be made; I had one some years ago (made 1950's/1960's) which had provision for a flex outlet in the bottom with a 13A feed-through socket to the front and a 5A BS546 socket above.

Thing is, you would have to decide very carefully which size fuse to fit...

Which is presumably why they are no longer made.

The outlet would be unfused like in the cool Wylex stacking plugs.

I guess you could plug 6KW straight in, just like those unfused 2 way adaptors.

Last edited:
Just imagine the huge 'tree of overloading' that could be created by stacking loads of these together. The Wylex ones are limited to 1 stacked plug.

I wish the Wylex plugs caught on, they are very well designed.

Last edited:
Just to be clear - In the Clix 13A stackable plug shown in my photo, the fuse protects both the appliance and the pass through outlet, so in that respect, it's safer than the unfused 13A twin adapters.

The main issue with them is the excess leverage on the socket if you stack too many.

Ah I was wrong then, the one I have here somewhere is a different brand and the outlet is unfused!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back