WARM EXTENSION LEAD

Sponsored Links
you'd messed up the img tags when i started to reply, so I put the picture in mine, but you edited yours before I posted mine..

Duraplug 15A plugs need the back on first.

15ampplug.jpg

Real PITA.
The whole styling of those plugs feels to me like it's from a previous era, I guess MK don't make enough of them to bother updating the design.

Sponsored Links
The whole styling of those plugs feels to me like it's from a previous era, I guess MK don't make enough of them to bother updating the design.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Although the back is really hard to get back on when wired up.

ColJack said:
you'd messed up the img tags when i started to reply, so I put the picture in mine, but you edited yours before I posted mine..
Ahh I see sorry.

Colin C

IIRC (I may be wrong) you should avoid using stanley knives after a few mishaps whilst stripping cable! :LOL:

I don't use them to strip cable.

(well, sort of not - I do have one which through a fortuitous adjustment quirk can have the tiniest tip of the blade extended so that it's just perfect to run down the centre of ≥2.5mm² T/E as it won't even reach the cpc, but does nicely score the sheath.)

Oh and there was that one-off job of dismantling some SWA, but I wouldn't class that as what's normally meant by "stripping".

Hands up those that have wired a plug and forgot to put the shell on the cable first! :LOL:

I've done it with a socapex plug. :oops:

Had to unsolder all 18 connections, put the shell on and resolder it. :evil:

:LOL: :LOL:
I used to forget the back off ceeforms but after a while you learn not to!

Me too. Once with a 64 pin data plug. And the other end was already terminated in another room.

A young trainee had soldered up a 25 way D connector ( PC printer port ) without the cover on. He un-soldered it, cleaned the solder tags, fitted the cable and re-solder the joint. Then he un-reeled the length of cable needed from the reel and cut the cable from the reel and started fitting the Centronics plug ( for the printer ) very careful to ensure he had the cover on the cable.

Not sure what was the bigger failure, him for not realising it was un-necessary to un-solder the 25 way or those ( me included ) who let him do it.

Back in the days when RS-232 links were used between server rooms and offices/meeting rooms, you'd find 25-pin Ds on the walls.

It's been too long for me to now remember whether the ones on the wall were male, and the ones on VDUs female, or vice-versa, but we had a new employee who was trying to connect a VDU to a wall socket, and had the right cable.

Initially they wandered out of the room in search of a 25-pin gender-bender because the plug didn't match the wall socket.

Then shortly afterwards they wandered out again because the other end of the cable didn't match the socket on the VDU....

Oh and there was that one-off job of dismantling some SWA, but I wouldn't class that as what's normally meant by "stripping".

That's the one I meant - stripping insulation off SWA.
It's commonly known as stripping, not dismantling!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back