Extension Leads

pdcelec said:
Have you considered section 607 for the computer sockets?

with just one or two computers you are unlikely to be over the limit unless a capacitor is failing (which admittedly does happen sometimes)

its roomfulls of computers where leakage currents become a significant issue.

Sponsored Links
and its even a double socket. 1 side is free...

sounds about right . . . our TV setup is on a 4-way plug plugged into a double socket. The white wire of said socket blends into the wall, but the black TV wire would stand out more, so we just plugged them all into the 4-way.

mmmmm

this is worrying :)

I am short of power sockets so in one room I have 3 computers, a monitor, a KVM, a printer, a network switch and an ADSL router off one adapter. It's an 8 way Belkin surge protected job from PC World.

I don't particularly want to daisy chain off an 8-way adapter but it's full and I still need a socket for the loudspeakers to run off the computers! The only other place is right by the door and would require the cables to run across the door way. I've already nearly tripped up when having laptop plugged into the four way adapter hanging off that socket.
My cup of tea nearly ended up in one of my servers!

Sponsored Links
I don't particularly want to daisy chain off an 8-way adapter but it's full and I still need a socket for the loudspeakers to run off the computers!
It'll be reet, plug it in. The 13A fuse will blow before any damage is done. Doesn't sound like you are overloading here. Dont buy Belkin things from PC World, they charge the earth for them. Argos have a far better range and they are properly merchandised - always neat and tidy in the catalogue ;) (if my shop looked like a PC World (everything in the wrong place on shelves etc), i would be out of a job)

If this does blow the 13A fuse, extend the ring to a few more sockets and plug in more 4-way leads ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back