Passports

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
it's coming up for renewal for our passports quite soon,So i googled it and i was amazed to see the hike in prices....where do they get these prices (£51) adult. Ten years ago i think i paid about £12."Don't quote me on that" ....ok were 10 years older and a bit more good looking...But it's the same details as before.Same names - Same address.etc etc...

http://www.passport.gov.uk/general_fees_breakdown.asp

Sponsored Links
Buy now before they get an even more massive hike as part of the NIR scheme.

ban-all-sheds said:
Buy now before they get an even more massive hike as part of the NIR scheme.
Better still, if you're not actually going on holiday immediately, hang on until the last possible moment you can to get a current-style passport so you get a full 10 years after that before being forced into a biometric ID....

Sponsored Links
A plucking frenzy ! ;) No 'hissing'? Then it will continue.

I guess HMG just glances at the level of personal debt .. concludes no-one actually gives a toss, given we are prepared to pay interest on loans for triviality ... then ramp up the 'step changes' in stealth taxes .. who will notice or care??

There is always a final red-line payment day, it is overdue already !!
Too late for the Geese to 'hiss' when the fan blades and unplucked feathers are dripping-brown!
:D :D :D :D

pip! you wouldnt be related to Eric Cantona would you?

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea". etc

If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there.... :cool:

Finally - getting the work ethic - early.

baby_mop_3.gif

:D

Speaking of the cost of things and interest. We received a mail shot through our door from the Provident Loan Sharks. In very large letters; 177% APR. Please feel free to comment.

BE HAPPY

I too have just got the applications for a renewal and can't see how they justify the cost. It's the same for a renewal as for a new application but there must be less work involved as you are already a holder and on the various databases etc. As for the price of the book, thats just crap. I used to work for a print company and something like the RS catalogue would only work out at about £8 a copy. Just another example of rip off britain. :evil:

nstreet said:
I too have just got the applications for a renewal and can't see how they justify the cost.
Do you have any idea how much the ID card and NIR database schemes will cost?

ban-all-sheds said:
nstreet said:
I too have just got the applications for a renewal and can't see how they justify the cost.
Do you have any idea how much the ID card and NIR database schemes will cost?
more. a lot more.

Sponsored Links
Back