Pat Testing equipment help and recomendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi could anyone give me any help or advice on PAT testing equipment.
I have just been given the job of PAT testing all the stuff at work and my gaffer has asked me what sort of PAT tester we should buy.As ive only just passed the PAT test course and I have absolutly no idea which is the best option.
It needs to be used for 230/110, class 1/2 and also IT stuff.I have read a leaflet on the "Megger PAT4 DVF/3" and it sounds just right for my needs does anyone have any good/bad experiences or recomendations.Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

Sponsored Links
We have a seaward europa PAT machine at work.

It is a fantastic bit of kit and dead easy to use.

It is quite capable of >200 tests in a day without any trouble at all.

It also prints the ID barcodes etc if you want.

Can't really go wrong with the Megger PAT4/DVF either. It is maybe a bit larger than the Seaward.

Sponsored Links
Yeah big sparks one is a good link, decent price too.

Its the unit i use, if the stuff is all laid out in front of you, you could cope with hundreds of tests in a day.

Dont bother with the barcode reader, but the barcode printer is a nice tool. Works out to around 20p a label though iirc

I normally average around 100 a day when im testing - due to crawling under desks, sorting out spaghetti junctions and checking/repairing all plugs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back