Patio Doors

Thanks for your messages in reply to the pics. I do still believe that they have been put in the wrong way round but the company insist it is right the way they have done it. Looks like the only option open to me is to get a surveyor to do a report but would imagine that would be costly. Will have to phone around and see the price structure. thanks again - really do appreciate your advice.

Sponsored Links
Can you get or someone else to find out if any of their customer had it done the same way? or maybe they have one in showroom?

I get what you are saying but really wouldn't know how to find someone else who has had work done by this company. Its a local company and they have just moved premises so I don't think their showroom is up and running just yet - well, it doesn't look like it from driving past recently. Any ideas how much it would cost for a surveyor to inspect? haven't got much idea myself. Suppose its just a case of ringing round but I would guess it would be pricey and although, if proved it has not done right, I could claim this back from the company, its a gamble really.

aproblemshared said:
Any ideas how much it would cost for a surveyor to inspect?
A carpenter should be able to tell you or upvc window fitters from the yellow pages.

Sponsored Links
many thanks for your replies to my posts - I will try to get someone to inspect the doors and will ring around this week. Just wanted to say 'thanks' for taking the time to reply. I will report back with result but obviously it might be a couple of weeks. bye for now. :)

Hello again. I have had no luck whatsoever in getting someone to come and inspect my patio doors and double glazing in general. No other local company wants to 'get involved' in case theres any comeback to them(if you see what I mean) :cry: My only option now is to get a building surveyor round at a cost of £250+ which sounds pretty steep :( - does anyone know if this is is the normal charge for a inspection

It would be cheaper for a carpenter to turn your patio door round the other way!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back