Patio Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there. Maybe someone could help with a query with my upvc patio doors. It opens from left to right and the door slides on the inside of the static side. When it rains I get water collecting in a gulley on the inside - there is a space about two inches wide where this water collects. I also get quite a draught caused by drain holes which are visible from the inside of the door. If you can make sense of what I am on about, I really would like to know if this is right. I wonder whether the d/g company have in fact put the doors in the wrong way round! Any advice would be very welcome. thank you :confused:

Sponsored Links
aproblemshared said:
It opens from left to right and the door slides on the inside of the static side.
The door should slide facing outside.

Can you do a photo :?:

how do I put a photo on this forum? sorry for ignorance but new to this :oops: I will try to post a photo tomorrow if someone could point me in the right direction and as long as its not too technical!!! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
not sure if this is going to work but I will try anyway. If the picture comes through, you will see the picture is taken from the inside of my house and slides on the inside from left to right. The gap between the runner and the window frame is where the rain water accumulates.
justlittleoleme

the picture is NOT viewable. i understand in photobucket there is a box to tick that says "make public" you may not have ticked this

thanks......just realised I hadn't ticked the 'make public' tab so will try again. here's keeping my fingers crossed! :oops:

Sorry to be a pain, can you do another photo on the outside? Would like to see the bottom cill.

I had to write to the admin@diynot to add the pic as you will remember I had probs putting it on so not sure if they will oblige me by putting another on. If I know its no bother I could do this

aproblemshared said:
I had to write to the admin@diynot to add the pic as you will remember I had probs putting it on so not sure if they will oblige me by putting another on. If I know its no bother I could do this
No, they are very good and without you, me & others the forum would fall down! It can be very important to look at photo for better understanding and stop any misleading info.

All I can say is, it's either put in the wrong way round or a very bad design, I would say it's the wrong way round. As you says the rain onto the patio door will enter to the bottom runner on the inside. Need to be taken out and refit again and looking at the frame & the cill that should say as it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back