Paypal what is the point

• Thread starter Bodgeit and scarper ltd
  • Start date
B

Bodgeit and scarper ltd

Sold something on e-bay yesterday and I get paid by paypal. Today I post the item when I get home I receive this massage from paypal.

"We were recently notified that a payment you received was reversed by the buyer’s bank. A bank reversal can be requested by the bank itself or the bank account holder."

I had already bought something off e-bay with the money. It was lucky I had other funds to cover it as it could have put my bank account into the red and landed me with bank charges[/i]

Sponsored Links
So are you saying BS that you received a 'previous' email for PayPal stating that the buyer had indeed payed and then you received this one to say the payment was being taken back?

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately you have been the victim of an ebay scam. This is not unheard of. However, it doesn't mean that it ends there. What you experienced was a "Chargeback" Have a look at this paypal page and start disputing it. At the very least, you might get the buyers Paypal account closed.

Good luck.

So what is the point in using paypal if they pay you one day and take it back the next day. :mad:

So what is the point in using paypal if they pay you one day and take it back the next day. :mad:
Oh yeah, you're very astute. :rolleyes:

What's the point of driving on the road if someone just smashes into your car?

What's the point of buying groceries if you get one bad apple?

What's the point of doing anything?

Its a common scam to paypal users.

I have been lucky & it has not happened to me yet but I'm happy using paypal.
Apart from being charged by Ebay then charged by paypal again :(

The concept of Paypal is to make lots of money for its owners

They previously had a policy of making their "contact us" very difficult to find, and having no phone no, to prevent customers being able to complain. they were compelled by law to change this.

Emails are handled by a fobbing-off department which sends unhelpful standard replies with the intention of wearing you down so you give up.

their contractual terms are intended to prevent you having any rights, and to enable them to take money back from you if they feel like it. They are not based in the UK, or even the EU*, to prevent you being able to try a Small Claim.

edited: *My mistake, they are now based in Luxembourg.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your viewpoint) Paypal has a lot of buyer protection in place. I know someone who sells car parts over the internet and takes payment through Paypal - they shipped £30K of parts abroad only to have payment revoked, leaving them up the creek without a paddle. The business almost went under because disputing it takes ages. I hope in your case it was a smaller amount...!

So the only way to get my money back is to buy something and say I never received it. Then get the money back off paypal plus claim off the post office. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back